WHY IS THIS SKILL IMPORTANT?
Assertiveness is the ability to express one’s thoughts and needs and assert one’s rights while respecting the feelings and rights of others. Assertive communication is direct, open and honest, and clarifies one’s needs to the other person.
In business, assertiveness is the best way to behave for healthy communication and enhanced interpersonal relations. It represents one of the key aspects of successful leadership and effective teamwork, resulting in feelings of satisfaction and self-worth, greater staff happiness and, finally, increased efficiency and better overall performance.
HOW WILL YOU MASTER THIS SKILL IN LPC?
Adopting an assertive mindset provides the opportunity for individuals to work alongside others more easily and to bring together people in a constructive manner. However, being assertive is hard for many of us, and people often adopt either aggressive or passive modes of communication, which can lead to frustration, misunderstandings and unnecessary stress.
Fortunately, like any other skill, assertiveness can be learned, and this course will provide you with useful guidelines to ensure your successful use of the assertive communication style and general attitude. In the 4 lessons of this course you will:
- Find out why it is so hard for many of us to be more assertive and what are the consequences of this approach to communication and life. Learn what are your assertive rights as the first step in upgrading your assertiveness skills.
- Gain knowledge about the specific traits of passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour, with the possible advantages and disadvantages that these types of communication can bring.
- Become familiar with the difference between “I” and “You” statements and the impact that these two communication styles can have on your interpersonal relationships, especially in conflict resolution.
- Finally, learn how you can boost your personal assertiveness level through communication techniques like broken record and assertive message.
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES OF MASTERING THIS SKILL?
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of being more assertive and to acknowledge and defend your assertive rights in relationships with others.
- Recognize the three basic communication styles, their potential benefits and consequences.
- Use “I” statements in your everyday communication to work more effectively with alongside others and to resolve possible conflicts in a constructive manner.
- Increase your assertiveness by applying six important communication tips in your daily interactions.
Having the confidence to stand up for your point of view without being aggressive and disrespectful towards the feelings of others is a key social competence. Sharpen your assertiveness skills and face your workplace and personal challenges proactively for a constructive change in your everyday life.
|Number of lessons||
12 months from the moment of purchase