WHY IS THIS SKILL IMPORTANT?
Stress can be defined as the body’s response to physical, mental, or emotional strain or tension. It can be caused by issues such as financial pressures, unemployment, workplace conflict, social isolation, illness, and relationship problems.
If untreated, it can result in serious health problems including anxiety, insomnia, muscle pain, high blood pressure and a weakened immune system, contributing to the development of physical and mental illnesses.
However, in many instances, stress can be useful, and can help the person deal with the demands placed on them, by making them more alert, energised and more productive.
People respond to stressful situations differently, due to factors such as personality and previous experience. However, even though stress cannot always be prevented, there are lots of things that you can do to manage it better.
If you are feeling stressed and would like to find out how to cope with stress more effectively, this course is a great place to start.
HOW WILL YOU MASTER THIS SKILL IN LPC?
Although you may think that there’s nothing you can do about stress, you have a lot more control than you think. No matter how stressful your work or private life may seem, there are steps you can take to manage stress and take charge of your lifestyle, thoughts, emotions, and the way you deal with problems. This course consists of 4 lessons in which you will:
- Learn what stress is and what are the factors that contribute to it; furthermore, you will find out about different types of stress and whether all of them affect your life and health in a negative way.
- Deal specifically with the work-related stress and workplace stressors and find out if you are the personality type prone to stressing out. Our anti-stress exercises will help you lower your stress level even while you are sitting at your office desk.
- Find out how stress affects your body and how you can mitigate the nasty side effects that long-term exposure to stress can have on your physical and mental health.
- Finally, become familiar with 10 key strategies for managing stress and make your personal action plan for handling stress and improving your quality of life.
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES OF MASTERING THIS SKILL?
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the factors that contribute to everyday stress and differentiate between good and bad types of stress.
- Recognize key workplace stressors and prevent them from affecting your work productivity and professional relationships.
- Reduce the negative effects of living with high levels of stress on your mental and physical well-being.
- Take the necessary steps for managing stress levels in your life to relieve the pressure and gain control.
Effective stress management can help you break the hold stress has on your life, so you can achieve the goal of a balanced life, with time for work, relationships and relaxation. Learn how to become happier, healthier, and more productive by taking charge of the stress in your daily life.
|Number of lessons||
12 months from the moment of purchase