WHY IS THIS SKILL IMPORTANT?
“Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing.”
– Rollo May (1909 –1994), existential psychologist and author
The ability to communicate information accurately, clearly and as intended is one of the most essential and most useful tools for success you can possess. Effective communication requires being able to express your ideas and views clearly, confidently and concisely.
If you are a good communicator, it means that you can adapt yourself to new and different situations, read the behaviour of other people, that you are ready to compromise for a mutually satisfactory agreement, and thus resolve potential conflicts with ease. And finally, since communication is a two-way street, being a good listener is vital.
HOW WILL YOU MASTER THIS SKILL IN LPC?
Being able to communicate effectively is one of the most important skills that you need to succeed in the workplace. But improving your communication skills will not affect just your career trajectory, but also the quality of the relationships you nurture in your personal life. This course, consisting of 4 lessons, will enable you to hone up on your communication skills. In the course you will:
- Become familiar with important communication facts and the most common obstacles to effective communication, as well as the benefits that can be gained from good communication skills.
- Gain insight into the elements of the communication process, with special emphasis on potential communication barriers which affect successful information transmittance. Furthermore, you will find out how different types of message receivers influence communication style.
- Find out how verbal and non-verbal elements of communication like gestures, the tone of your voice and specific phrases and expressions affect the way information is conveyed and received.
- Learn about 10 key strategies for fostering more effective communication through clear expression, good listening skills and better understanding of others.
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES OF MASTERING THIS SKILL?
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Avoid the most common obstacles to effective communication and reap the benefits of good communication skills.
- Understand the communication process and adjust your approach according to the type of message receiver for a positive outcome.
- Pay attention to the verbal communication elements as well as non-verbal signals. Modify them for the best possible quality of your message and its ability to be received as intended.
- Apply 10 key strategies in your everyday interactions and cultivate your interpersonal relationships through effective communication.
Communicating effectively is a teachable skill that can benefit you in all aspects of your life. Take this course and perfect your ability of listening carefully and speaking clearly. Boost your self-confidence and deepen your connections to others.
|Number of lessons||
12 months from the moment of purchase